This ESP-less mod implements weight rebalancing without script recompiling and record editing. It reads new weight values from the file data\nvse\weight_rebalance\config.txt and applies them from the main menu without running any quests and scripts in gamemode. All changes are non-persistent. The mod can be enabled/disabled any time.
Requires xNVSE 6.23+ and JIP LN NVSE.
Format description for the ReadArrayFromFile function is located here. In this case, config.txt must be a tab-separated CSV file with the following columns:
Signature (MISC, AMMO, etc) | @Reference (see docs) | New weight | Original weight | $Record name
ALCH @FalloutNV.esm:0151A3 0.75 1 $Purified Water
Last two columns are optional and added for human-friendliness.
If the file contains more than one modification of the same record, the last one wins.
The archive includes a plugin for FNVEdit, named FNV – Generate weights spreadsheet.pas, which allows to prepare ready-to-use data from ESP plugins.
How to use it:
- Copy FNV – Generate weights spreadsheet.pas to “Path\to\FNVEdit.exe\Edit Scripts”.
- Open an ESP file with weight changes in FNVEdit and select it.
- Press Ctrl+N.
- The script will ask, if you want to copy only changed weight values. Choose ‘Yes’ to only import weight changes or ‘No’ to copy all entries in order to edit them manually in plain text.
- The result will be written into GAMEDIR\Weight Rebalance Framework.csv – this is a standard tab-separated CSV, you can open it in any spreadsheet editor for editing. It can be edited in any simple text editor as well, but if you don’t know what you are doing and mess up its tab separators, it definitely won’t work as intended.
- Once you are ready, copy and replace the file in data\nvse\weight_rebalance\config.txt
How to make your own preset
- Select all ESM files and run supplied FNV – Generate weights spreadsheet.pas on them (choose ‘No’, when asked).
- The result will be written into GAMEDIR\Weight Rebalance Framework.csv
- Export the file to Google Spreadsheets as a tab-separated CSV. Make your changes.
- Download the document as a .tsv document (CSV with tab-separated columns), replace the file data\nvse\weight_rebalance\config.txt
- Follow clues in console, the mod will report if your file contains any broken references.
I’m getting an error message when applying script to TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm
“Error in unit ‘CopyWeightstoClipboard’ on line 50 : Type mismatch.”
Also, does the “$Record name” matter? I’m asking because some mods change record names.
Not sure if it should match the vanilla name or the modified name.
a) Haven’t run it on the TTW yet, I’ll check.
b) It doesn’t, see the description: “Last two columns are optional and added for human-friendliness.”
so I’ve tried to make my own preset, followed the instructions but now I have this .tsv file filled with records that look like this:
ALCH @FalloutNV.esm:015196 1000000 1000000 $Fresh Apple
your script probably doesn’t compute “.” (points)…? You know, as in 1.0 pounds of weight because pretty much any weighed item in the game is now like 1 million pounds and it would be very tedious work to remove all of these zeros manually, is there a trick to it?
Can’t reproduce your issue.
That’s interesting. I’d love to know why this seems to happen only to me then. I’m sure I’m doing something wrong but idk what.
See here’s the output I get after using your script on all the main esm files
As u can see the weight values are kinda crazy and I don’t really know why this happens.
Every item wight a weight of 1 gets exported as 1000000 weight with your script for me.
So, if that doesn’t happen to you… would you mind sharing a spreadsheet with “regular” values for all the main esm files of the game please :))
Includes TTW ESMs as well.
Thank you very much! 🙂
Any clues as to why the exported values are different for me as seen in the spreadsheet I’ve shared? It really bugs me to not know lol. What am I missing?
My only guess is your regional standard, causing FloatToStr in xEdit to convert a float incorrectly.