Power Armor helmets and other high-tech gear now enable enhanced vision modes like Night Vision, Heat Vision and EM Vision. If there’s no Power Armor equipped as a power source, energy cells are required while these modes are active.
Extracted from Project Nevada, optimized and refactored.
Vision modes are enabled via special devices, already installed on some helmets:
- Any PA helmet new!
- Combat Helmet, Reinforced
- Ranger Helmet
- Hazmat Darklight Cowl (vanilla)
- Enclave PA Helmet
- Tesla Helmet
- Combat Helmet, Reinforced Mark 2
- Ranger Combat Helmet
- Gannon Tesla Helmet
- Remnants Tesla Helmet
- T51b PA Helmet
Upgrades for other kinds of helmets and eyeglasses can be purchased through the MCM panel:
- Install night vision – 500 caps.
- Install heat vision – 1200 caps.
- Install EM vision – 800 caps.
(These are base prices, final prices are calculated using standard barter equation, accounting player’s skill.)
Default activation hotkey – M.
If the hotkey matches hotkeys from the following mods and certain conditions are met, activation falls back to them:
- Cyberware 2281 – when the Bionic Eyes implant is installed.
- Gopher’s Advanced Recon Thermal Nightvision – when any supported helmet is equipped.
- JIP LN NVSE Plugin
- UIO – User Interface Organizer
- The Mod Configuration Menu (optional, enables changing hotkey, options, and upgrades)